North India has witnessed one of the heaviest ever rainfalls recorded in the history of metrological department, with some locations getting record breaking rains in a single day.
Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana have been the hardest hit. With cloud bursts, overflowing rivers, flooding of fields and residential areas, many have been rendered stranded and injured, in a state of turmoil. Though the rains have stopped for a while, the ordeal is far from over.
But in such times of despair and suffering, the brave heart champions of humanity have come up to extend their help. Driven by compassion, empathy, and altruism, Dera Sacha Sauda volunteers and Shah Satnam Ji Green S Welfare Force Wing members are working tirelessly round-the-clock to safeguard lives and prevent any further damage due to ravaging waters.
Rescue Operation Amidst Relentless and Ravaging Flood Waters
In one of the most notable and brave rescue efforts by one of the members of the Shah Satnam Ji Green S Welfare Force Wing Member, Shri Sunderlal Ji Insan single handedly rescued 90 people who had been stranded due to 8-9 feet deep water logging. Displaying immense courage and facing the challenge head on, Sunderlal Ji set up an example of humanity and bravery.
Similarly, the DSS volunteers and other members of Green S welfare Wing are inspecting localities and rescuing individuals; they are also saving the lives of poor stray animals, preventing them from drowning, putting them to safe places and providing them fodder.
Repairing Breached River/Canal Banks and Creating Embankments
With heavy downpour and water flowing downstream, many canals and river streams faced breach of banks in Punjab and Haryana, leading to flooding fields and localities. The Ghaggar River has engulfed 11 villages in Jakhal. Approximately 2120 hectares of crops have been damaged in these villages.
In co-ordination with local authorities, the brave volunteers of Shah Satnam Ji Green S Welfare Force Wing members have been constructing sandbag dams/embankments, and are filling up the breach to prevent further flooding and submerging of fields.
Multiple teams of Dera Sacha Sauda volunteers and Green S volunteers have reached from various states, determined to help in the relief works in flood-hit areas despite the tough circumstances.
24 Hour Free Food Center & Medical Care
Rapid-response relief operations are being executed with unparalleled efficiency and utmost priority, especially in Moonak(sangrur), Tohana(Haryana), Ambala, Patiala, surrounding areas of Ghaggar river, and many other areas.
24X7 free food center has been set up at Moonak, providing food and drinking water free of cost to every person in the flood impacted zone. The volunteers of Dera Sacha Sauda and the Shah Satnam Ji Green S Welfare Force Wing Members have been traversing deep waters to distribute food packets and drinking water in areas where people have been home bound due to water logging.
Local DSS volunteers at other locations are also contributing in helping and supplying food to those impacted in their respective zones.
The sick are being carried to the hospitals, and the essential medical supplies are being supplied at the doorsteps.
These noble efforts of these volunteers are in line with their motto “Humanity is our Religion”, and have been receiving appreciation and gratitude from the masses and media.
The Motto “Humanity is our Religion”
Dera Sacha Sauda has been instrumental in providing relief works, especially during natural calamities and Disasters.
- On January 26, 2001, a severe earthquake of 8.1 magnitude hit the state of Gujarat leading to massive destruction and a very high death toll. To provide help, empathy and comfort to the ailing victims, Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan Himself went to earthquake hit areas to provide relief and rehabilitation. 3000 volunteers accompanied Guruji and 200 trucks of rations and relief materials were also sent. During the 42 days that Guruji stayed, multiple villages were rehabilitated, earthquake resistant homes were constructed and food, water, medicines and clothes etc. were provided to all.
- Similarly, a mega relief operation was carried out after the earthquake of Nepal that had impacted thousands of people. More than 1000 volunteers and a team of 35 expert doctors accompanied Saint Dr Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan, and performed relief works, that including distribution of essential supplies and rehabilitation works.
59 vehicles were dispatched by Dera Sacha Sauda to the Earthquake affected areas of Nepal, which included 34 Truckloads of Foodgrains and rehabilitation Material, 2 Mobile Hospitals with ultra modern medical facilities, 5 Ambulances, 1 Fire Brigade, 9 Buses and 8 Innovas.
- During the devastating Tsunami of 2004, the Dera Sacha sauda volunteers reached even the most remote islands of Andaman and Nicobar islands and helped provide relief works. It is notable that no other rescue group could reach there due to dangerous conditions and giant waves crashing on those islands.
- Be it flooding of Ghaggar river or draughts of Rajasthan, flooding of Punjab or fire rescue operations in Delhi, the Dera Sacha Sauda volunteers and the Green S Welfare Force Wing volunteers have been at the forefront. Not just this, every year many trucks of fodder are sent for feeding the cattle in Rajasthan, owing to the shortage of fodder in the summer months.
- Saving injured animals, helping accident victims, doing blood donation, posthumous eye and body donation, kidney donation, helping the sick, free medical care, providing free monthly rations to the destitute etc are some of the tasks that are carried out by these Samaritans on routine basis.
Infinite thanks to the teachings and inspiration of Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan who has instilled the values of humanity compassion, empathy and bravery in his volunteers, making them a strong pillar of courage.
Hats off to this passion and this service of humanity!