In today’s fast-paced world, getting lost in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives is easy. We are constantly glued to our mobile devices, televisions, and the internet, making it challenging to find time for ourselves, our family, and our friends. This is where the SEED – Social, Spiritual, and Self-life Enrichment and Enhancement with Digital Fasting campaign comes in. This campaign was initiated by Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan at Dera Sacha Sauda, and it encourages people to take a break from their digital devices and spend time with their loved ones every evening from 7:00-9:00 pm.
In this blog, we’ll explore what the SEED campaign is all about and why it’s essential to take a break from digital devices. We’ll also dive into the benefits of spending quality time with family and friends and how it can positively impact our social, spiritual, and self-life.
The SEED campaign focuses on three most fundamental aspects of life, namely social, spiritual, and self-life enrichment. All these areas play a pivotal role in ensuring a fulfilling and thriving life, therefore giving attention to each of them is essential. Disconnecting from digital devices gives opportunity and time to individuals to explore their spiritual side, connect with their loved ones on a deeper level, and take time for their personal growth.
Taking a break from digital devices is great. Here’s why!
In today’s digital era, we are incessantly surrounded by digital devices and are bombarded with a constant stream of information, ranging from commercials to unwanted content, making it extremely challenging to disconnect and take a break. Today, more than ever, it has become extremely important to disconnect oneself from the digital world for one’s own mental and physical well-being.
- Firstly, excessive screen time impacts our mental health. Studies have shown that excessive screen time can lead to anxiety, depression, and even addiction. By taking a break from our devices, we can reduce our screen time and improve our mental well-being.
- Secondly, excessive screen time can negatively impact our sleep patterns. The blue light emitted by digital devices can disrupt our sleep patterns, making it challenging to fall asleep and stay asleep. By taking a break from our devices, we can improve our sleep patterns and ensure that we sleep each night for the recommended amount of time.
- Lastly, taking a break from our devices can help us connect with the world around us. Digital life is blurring the difference between reality and fantasy; this is causing a mental disconnect, especially in the young minds that are extremely impressionable, and can lead to depression and isolation. By disconnecting from digital devices, we can connect with the real world and prevent such harmful patterns from occurring in the young generation. They can get a chance to focus on relationships with loved ones, engage in hobbies, explore their spiritual side, and can take a step forward towards their personal growth.
What are the benefits of spending quality time with family and friends?
Spending quality time with family and friends is essential for our social, spiritual, and self-life. Here are some of the benefits of spending quality time with loved ones:
- Improved relationships: Spending quality time help us to connect with loved ones on a deeper level, understand their needs and emotions, and foster trust and intimacy.
- Reduced stress: Spending time with loved ones can be therapeutic and help alleviate stress levels. It allows us to share our thoughts and emotions, providing a sense of comfort and security.
- Increased happiness: Spending time with loved ones can make us happy. It’s a great way to create lasting memories, have fun, and experience new things.
- Enhanced communication: Dedicating time to loved ones can help develop effective communication skills. Active listening, effective expression and understand each other’s perspectives are some great benefits of spending quality time together.
- Spiritual growth: Spending quality time with loved ones can help us explore our spiritual side. We can engage in activities that align with our values and beliefs, introspect and move towards a path of great progression.
In conclusion, SEED is a campaign that encourages connecting with loved ones on a deeper level by taking a break from digital devices for two hours during the evening time of 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.